The Obama administration released a draft application for Obamacare, which will rival the complexity of IRS tax forms, and in some cases might be more complicated for some than tax forms.
Those who fill out the E-Z form will find that the requirements for the new form overly oppressive, and will make citizens be much better managers of their financial history.
Not to mention the draft forms for instructions if financial assistance is required; more than 50 pages in that document alone.
Considering that the forms will be reviewed by the IRS, it makes privacy and simplicity in government control of our financial lives a thing of the past.
Obamacare – or the Affordable Care Act – started out as a 3,000-page document. Now, the regulations have exceeded 20,000 pages. And it is growing every day.
Some fun facts related to Obamacare:
- Americans will not be able to keep their health insurance plan, as President Obama promised.
- Health insurance is much more expensive because of Obamacare, despite the president’s promises.
- Medicare is being cut by hundreds of billions of dollars to pay for Obamacare.
- Federal tax refunds will be withheld from those Americans who don’t buy health insurance starting in January.
- Employers are already dropping workers from full-time status to part-time status to avoid costly aspects of the oppressive law.
- Smokers will be forced to pay up to $500 per month as a premium “penalty,” while the obese will have no such increase.
- More than 30 states refused to launch online health insurance exchanges, defaulting to the federal government, which is not prepared for such a task.
- New W-2 forms that were supposed to be used in 2012 for large employers were delayed for a year because the IRS could not get the forms completed in time.
- The IRS will hire up to 30,000 new agents to enforce payment of health insurance premiums or pay penalties starting in January.
- It is unlikely the federal online health insurance exchanges will launch by Oct. 1, when they are required to be online, as plans will not be approved in time to allow them to be included in the exchanges.
- The complete cost for Obamacare was originally said to be about $1 trillion; a recent non-partisan Congressional Budget Office report said the law will cost at least 3x what was originally promised, at about $3 trillion, equal to more than one-sixth of the complete current U.S. debt.
The new draft form is just the tip of the iceberg of the nightmare that Americans will experience as Obamacare continues implementation. But just like boiling a frog when starting with cold water, the pain will be slow in coming, and before we notice the dire straits the law has put our country in, we will be cooked.
That’s my take.
– See related story: Applying for insurance under health reform a 21-page exercise
Pages linking to this article:
- MariChris LLC: March 15, 2013 Healthcare and IT News | MariChris News
[...] ++ Obamacare application is a complicated mess, just like the law [...]